Completion RequirementMar 03, 2021 2021-07-05 5:28
Ijazah Course-Completion Requirement
Upon meeting the academic requirements of the International Open University and the standards of performance of the Ijazah course, a student is awarded an Ijazah in the Quran memorization and a Certificate of Memorization for one or two poems.
1. Ijazah Course Requirements:
The Ijazah course consists of live tutorial sessions conducted online.
In order to graduate from the course, a student must:
- Memorize the whole Quran,
- Recite a khatma once with eyes covered during the online live sessions,
- (Required) Study Al-Jazariyyah poem (the student will receive a certificate of studying but not of memorization).
- (Optional) memorize Al-Jazariyyah poem and/or Tohfat Al-Atfal poem (the student will receive a certificate of memorization and evaluation).
2. Score Requirements:
The minimum requirement for a student to successfully pass the Ijazah course is:
- 70% mark in the Quran memorization,
- 70% mark in tajweed,
- 70% mark in the study of Al-Jazariyyah poem,
- General evaluation to be at least: “good”,
- Optional: 70% mark in the memorization of the Al-Jazariyyah and/or Tohfat Al-Atfal poems.
2. University Requirements:
Clearance from the IOU Payments Department
The graduation requirements for the Ijazah program include receiving “No Dues” clearance email from the IOU Payments department.
The University dues requiring clearance include the monthly registration fees.
Note: The minimum duration of the Ijazah course is one year. Hence, a student who has completed the course in less time is still obliged to pay the complete course fee.
Any outstanding balance with IOU, i.e. dues, must be cleared prior to the graduation.
2. Graduation Fees:
GQMC unattested certificate (E-copy): 10 USD
GQMC unattested certificate (Hardcopy): 50 USD
GQMC Attested Certificate (Hardcopy): 150 USD*
*The fee includes attestation, printing and postal charges.